Monday 9 April 2018

Ted 2 (4½ Stars)


As a sequel, this lives up to what is expected. It has a good mix of old jokes regurgitated from the original and new jokes to keep things interesting. The old characters return and new characters are added. At first I was disappointed that Mila Kunis didn't return as John's wife Lori, but after watching the film a second time I have to say that she wouldn't have fit in. "Ted" was written as a standalone film with a happy ending. One of the main themes in the first film was showing John as a pathetic lonely man. To present him in the same way his marriage had to have broken up. Maybe we could have seen the divorce at the beginning of "Ted 2", but I think Seth MacFarlane made the right choice in the way he connects the two films; "Ted" ends with a wedding, "Ted 2" begins with a wedding.

The subject matter of the sequel is serious, but it's presented in a comical way. Ted and his new wife Tanny Lynn want to adopt a baby, but it's not allowed because he doesn't qualify as a person. The courtroom drama is at the heart of the film, despite not taking up much of the screen time.


Ted's lawyer Is Samantha L. Jackson, played by the beautiful and highly talented actress Amanda Seyfried. I watch any film she appears in, even though I don't like her attitude towards money. In 2014 she earned $46 million, then complained to a British newspaper that she wasn't earning enough. I go into the subject in more detail in my review of the film "Gone", so I shan't repeat myself here. I'll just quote something written by Cicero in 46 B.C.

"A man is rich if he has enough to live a decent life and is satisfied with what he has. Those who are commonly called rich are really poor, because they are never content with what they have and always want more".

Amanda Seyfried is very poor indeed. Unless her attitude changes, she will live a sad life and die unhappy. I wish her the best, I really do. I hope she will change.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.