Friday 29 January 2016

Tag (5 Stars)


"Stay strong. Life is surreal. Don't let it change you".

I first saw "Tag" on January 4th this month. The last sentence in my review was "This is a brilliant film that you need to watch more than once". So I decided to watch it again today. I have to say that it impressed me even more on second viewing.

There's a mystery in the film. For the first hour it's impossible to figure out what's happening. Then everything is revealed. Maybe not everything, there are still a few unanswered questions, but at least we know most of the answers, including why the teachers decided to mow down the schoolgirls with machine guns. Usually when there's a mystery a film is most satisfying the first time it's watched. That's not the case with "Tag". Having seen it before and understanding the mystery the first hour amazed me even more. This is now, officially, one of my favourite films. It's in my top five at least.

"Tag" is brilliant. It's a masterpiece. I can't think of enough words to describe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.