Friday 27 March 2015

Scorned (2013) (2 Stars)


"Scorned" seems to be a popular name for films. According to IMDB, five films have been released with this name: one in 1994, one in 2005, two in 2010 and finally this film in 2013.

Sadie finds out that her boyfriend Kevin is cheating on her with her best friend, so she drugs him, and when he wakes up he finds himself tied to the bed. For me that was the most exciting part of the film. From then on it went downhill. Sadie sends a text from Kevin's phone to her friend to invite her round, and when she arrives she overpowers her and ties her up as well. Sadie tortures the two in the most horrible sadistic ways. I won't even begin to describe what she does. I'll just say one thing: out of all the things she does, she doesn't use scissors. So why does the English DVD box, shown above, use that picture? So strange.

I didn't actually watch the film on DVD. I saw it on Netflix today. I've been subscribing to Netflix for a few months, and mostly I use it to watch television series, but this film was recommended to me. I admit that the picture above is what attracted me to the film. It's obvious what it suggests. But as I said, there were no scissors used in the film, and I was disappointed. The torture scenes were horrific, forcing me turn away more than once.


I have a request for my readers. If you're a Netflix customer, please do a little test for me. Write down the names of your 10 favourite films. Then check how many of them are available on Netflix. Whatever the total is, between 0 and 10, write it in a comment. I don't want to know what the films are, just the result. Oh, and write what country you live in, because Netflix has different films in different countries. I'll convert the totals into a percentage, which will be Netflix's rating. To start things off, out of my top 10 films only two are available on Netflix, which gives Netflix UK a 20% rating so far.

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Only 1 out of 10!!! I didnt think it would be so bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see. One of my American friends has given a score of 2 out of 10. So (including my rating) that makes a 20% rating for Netflix USA and a 15% rating for Netflix UK. I hope that I'll get replies from other people as well.

      Delete

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.