Friday 28 February 2014

Kick-Ass (5 Stars)


This is the first film that I've watched four times since starting my blog in September 2010. How do I remember that so accurately? Easy. I checked out my alphabetical list of posts. There's a link to this list at the top of every page, and the list is always up to date, because it's generated new every time someone looks at it. I hope that my regular readers make good use of it to check out whether I've already reviewed their favourite films. Come to think of it, it's even more useful to people who aren't regular readers. If you're visiting my page for the first time today, please check the list. It's not every film I own, of course. I bought my first DVD player in 2003, which is when my film collection really took off. Before then I watched films, but I watched most of my films on television. I rented films from video stores occasionally, but there were very few that I actually bought. I wish I had started this blog earlier, in 2003 at the latest, but back then I didn't realise how easy blogging is. It was just a matter of getting started. After my first post on September 14th 2010 my posts just flowed. Writing about every film I watch has become a routine, apart from sporadic bouts of writer's block.

In fact, I recommend to my readers that they keep a record of the films they watch as well. You'll be glad you did it in years to come. You don't have to write a lot. You could start by just making a list of films that you watch, together with the date, adding to it regularly. My first reviews were mostly short. They got longer as I went along. In fact, I've got so used to writing detailed reviews that I feel guilty on days when I have nothing to say. I acted against this by deliberately designating March last year as my four-word review month, but I couldn't keep it up for the whole month because there were films that I was itching to write more about. I won't do that again. Not regularly, at least.

Getting round to "Kick-Ass" at last, let me just say that it's a great film. That's obvious, or I wouldn't have watched it so often. The previous times I only rated it four and a half stars, but I've decided to give it five stars now. The film deserves it.


If I had to judge the film on this newspaper report, supposedly published in the New York Post, I would have to give it one star. The same words are repeated in all three columns. Click the above picture to enlarge it and you'll see what I mean. Sloppy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.