Saturday 19 October 2013

Virtual Vixen (unrated)


For completion's sake I've added this to my Julie K. Smith marathon. It's an episode from the fourth season of "Erotic Confessions", an anthology series of 25 minute episodes, none of which had any relationship with one another. Of the 58 episodes that were broadcast only 12 have been released on DVD, three DVDs with four episodes each. Luckily this was one of them. Of the three episodes which feature Julie K. Smith this is the only one included in the DVD releases.

The episode was made to promote a new comic, "Virtual Vixen", from the independent comic company London Night Studios, most famous for its slasher anti-heroine Razor. Evidently this strategy didn't work well, because the comic was cancelled after the first issue. In the picture on the right Julie is holding that comic, but I've been told that there was also a special edition with a photo of Julie herself on the cover.

Herbert is a teenage boy who works in a comics store. He is too shy to tell the girl of his dreams that he loves her. While reading the Virtual Vixen comic Vixen herself appears, pursued by a super-villain. Vixen is played by Julie K. Smith in the sexiest costume I've ever seen her wearing. After defeating the villain, whose name was never stated, Vixen gives Herbert some advice on how to get his girl. The advice includes a practical demonstration of how to have sex. I know this is a spoiler, but I'll tell you anyway: Herbert gets his girl.

At the risk of sounding naive, I have a question: how could Herbert possibly want any other woman after being with Julie K. Smith? Especially after seeing her dressed like this. Maybe he's scared of whips?

I've decided not to give "Virtual Vixen" a rating because it's not a real film, but that doesn't mean that I don't love it. I think that Julie's outfit was wasted on a single 25 minute television episode. Virtual Vixen should have been made into its own series.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.