Thursday 10 October 2013

The Guard (4½ Stars)


Films like this remind me that I should watch more comedies. Sure, I've watched a few films with subtle humour lately, but I need to watch more films that will make me laugh out loud.

This is an Irish film made in 2011. In fact, it's the most successful Irish film of all time, as far as box office takings are concerned. It's a story about two unequal cops teaming up to solve a crime. This is a constantly recurring theme in police films. Gerry Boyle is a police sergeant in the sleepy little district of Connemara in western Ireland. An international drug trafficking ring is going to unload $500 million worth of cocaine, so a high profile FBI agent is sent from America to assist with the investigations. The comic situations are predictable, but nevertheless hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.