Saturday 31 August 2013

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (4 Stars)


When I watched this film 12 months ago I only gave it a 3 star rating. After watching it again today I have to revise my judgement. I was too harsh on it. The total disregard for the continuity of the X-Men comics disturbed me, but to be fair, all the X-Men films have messed up the continuity. It isn't the same X-Men, it's just identical characters shuffled around. This is clearest in the relationship of Wolverine and Sabretooth to one another. In the comics Sabretooth is Wolverine's father, but in the film they are brothers.

Let's just try once more not to compare the comics and the films too strictly. This is a good film in its own right. I'm glad I watched it a second time today. I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.