Saturday 9 February 2013

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (4 Stars)

An enjoyable film, especially the final showdown. On the other hand, the film still has some of the silliness of the first film. Maybe the problem is that I'm not putting myself into the mindset of the targeted age group? Maybe, maybe not. When I was 13 I was reading novels by Somerset Maugham and poetry by Rod McKuen. I don't think I would have liked J.K. Rowling's books.

It's interesting to me to see the physical development of the main characters from the first film to the second. It fascinates me to see the changes as children mature into adults, so I'll be paying attention to it over the course of the next films. Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) himself has changed the most. Between the first and the second film his face became less round. He's lost his baby fat. Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) has shot up in height, but his face looks the same. Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) hasn't changed at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.