Monday 13 August 2012

Pink Floyd: The Wall (5 Stars)


It's been 10 days since my last post. I've been catching up on watching television series this week, in particular "Torchwood", "Dexter" and "La Femme Nikita". But now I'm back! It's weird that my blog's reader numbers increased while I wasn't writing though.

This is a very emotional film for me. It touches me in a way that no other film does. Every time I watch it I cry. It doesn't matter how often I watch it, it hits me every time.

The film is a semi-autobiography by Roger Waters. He tells the story of his life, highlighting key incidents which he portrays in dreamlike imagery: the death of his father; his alienation in school; his prolonged childhood illness; his marriage; his wife's infidelity. The end result is a mental breakdown during a concert tour in America.

Strangely, the director Alan Parker calls this film a failure and he doesn't understand why people like it. Maybe in retrospect he doesn't feel like the film told the message that he wanted it to. Whatever the reason, "The Wall" will always be one of my favorite films. And it will always make me cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.