Wednesday 11 July 2012

Confessions of a Window Cleaner (5 Stars)

When I was a teenager this was one of my favorite films. I still enjoy it a lot, even though there are other films I like more now. It's the first and best of the Confessions films, starring Robin Askwith. The Confessions films are based closely on the Carry On films, but with more nudity. Maybe they're a mix between the Carry On films and "On the Buses", since there's a family element. The Carry On films were very typical for the 1960's (even the films made in the seventies were sixties-ish), but the Confessions films are typical for the 1970's. It's a shame that only four films were made. They were all classics and landmark films of an age gone by.

Robin Askwith stars at Timmy Lea, a young window cleaner employed by his brother-in-law. At the film's start he's still a virgin, but that doesn't last long. His sexual encounters are all while he's working, of course. This is bawdy British humour at its best. I very strongly recommend it to everyone, especially to Americans who enjoy British comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.