Friday 7 October 2011

Prince of Persia [Guest Writer] ( 4½ Stars)


Set in the mystical lands of Persia, a rogue prince and a mysterious princess race against dark forces to safeguard an ancient dagger capable of releasing the Sands of Time -- a gift from the gods that can reverse time and allow its possessor to rule the world.

I'm always a little leery when I see people making movies based on video games because they usually assume that the viewers have read the video game and would have sufficient knowlege of the backstory to understand what is going on which is rarely the case. I was happy to see that this movie wasn't another "Resident Evil" disaster in that area and really went about explaining things in an interesting way. I've played all the PoP games so I had a pretty good understanding of the whole storyline or at least the principle of things before I saw the movie. The fact that I'm a fan may make me a bit biased but I don't care. This was an excellent movie and I fell in love with PoP all over again. Jake really has been doing well in the films he's been chosen to act in so I'm a bit impressed with his growing skills. I still remember how weird and lack-luster his performance was in the "The Good Girl". This had all that I require of my action movies- a strong and interesting plotline, great solid characters, believable action, and a bit of a laugh here and there. Great all in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.