Sunday 18 March 2018

The Mummy [1999] (5 Stars)


The last time I watched the 1999 version of "The Mummy" I said that it was "a great film that I should watch more often".  That was five years ago. I don't know why I've waited so long. There's no logical reason. After watching it today my first thought was "Wow! I should watch this again as soon as possible!" Some films are just perfect. By "some" I mean very few. "The Mummy" has everything in perfect proportions: action, suspense, humour and romance. Compare it with the 2017 version, which isn't bad in itself, but it isn't that special either. I can't remember why I gave it four stars. There must have been something I liked about it when I watched it, but whatever it was I've forgotten it now. It just wasn't memorable.

If you live in America or England you can buy the trilogy of Brendan Fraser's mummy films on Blu-ray for a very cheap price. Click the links below. In Germany it's cheaper to buy the films individually.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.