Friday 15 September 2017

The Strange Ones (1½ Stars)


This is the 38th film in the Stuttgart Fantasy Film Festival.

Two brothers are travelling together. They tell people they meet on the way that they're going on a camping trip, but it's obvious from their private conversations that they don't intend to return home. There's a mystery that slowly unravels as the film continues.

In my eyes this was the most boring film of the Stuttgart Fantasy Film Festival so far. I have no problems with suspense fuelled by slow action. What I don't like is needless scenes of the characters staring at the camera as if they've forgotten their lines.



One of my readers has noticed that there are gaps in my reviews of the films for the festival. For instance, "The Strange Ones" is the 38th film, but the last film that I reviewed, "Killing Ground", was the 36th film. That's easy to explain. There are 53 films being shown at the festival, but I only intend to see 42 of them, for purely practical reasons. The last film each day finishes after midnight, but my last bus home leaves at 11:48 pm. Taxi fares are extortionate in Stuttgart, so I have to miss the last film.

When the festival is over I'll post a complete list of the films with links to the reviews of the films that I watched.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.