Wednesday 20 September 2017

Black Sheep (4 Stars)


New Zealand has a population of almost five million people and thirty million sheep. Imagine if the peaceful sheep turned into vicious flesh-eaters. The humans on the islands wouldn't stand a chance.

This film, made in 2006, is unlike most other low budget horror films. It has amazing production quality and realistic special effects. The usually cute sheep turn into fearsome brutes that stampede and attack any people they encounter.


There's a serious message which is pushed in the closing scene. It's wrong to genetically engineer sheep -- or any other animals -- because we're tipping the ecological balance carefully created by Mother Nature over millions of years. My reaction to this message is to shrug my shoulders. It's not that I disagree, I just think that the message is in the wrong place. Only Germans watch films to be educated. I watch films to be excited, terrified or amused, or any combination of the three.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.