Monday 13 June 2016

Kingsman (4½ Stars)


I have to admit that after watching a bad film I feel empty inside. Maybe I shouldn't say a film is bad, maybe I should just say it's a film I don't like. Whatever the case is, I felt that my day was ruined after watching "Warcraft". I couldn't go to bed feeling that way, so I looked at my bookcase and picked a film I knew I'd like before going to bed. This is it. "Kingsman". It has everything. James Bond-ish spy action, a megalomaniac villain and a cute little pug. It would be such a shame to shoot him. The pug's name is J.B. No, that doesn't stand for James Bond or even Jason Bourne. It's Jack Bauer. Famous initials.

I'm running out of films to watch at the moment. I'm moving out of my house next month, and I'm packing my DVDs and Blu-rays tidily into boxes. I have to pick my films from the ever decreasing number still on my shelves.

From the middle of next month onwards I'll be in Germany. I don't know how long I'll be there. It could be two months, it could be six months, it could be for the rest of my life. I'll decide when I get there. It will have an effect on my blog. I'll be watching more German films in the future. That's an exciting prospect for me. I love German cinema. Keep reading my blog, and you'll see what's happening by the end of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.