Tuesday 8 September 2015

Scream 2 (5 Stars)


I've had a busy week, but as promised I've got round to watching "Scream 2" in remembrance of Wes Craven. I don't know how many times I've watched it already. Today was the third time since September 2010, which was when I started recording what I watch, but I don't know how many times I watched it before then. Another three times? More often? And yet it still gripped me today. Even though I knew what would happen next from the beginning to the end of the film it still thrilled me. As I've said before, I define a good film as a film that I want to watch at least three times. That would mean that "Scream 2" is a very good film.

I don't want to say much about the film itself in this post. If you want to know more about the film read this post instead.

Last year was the first time I ever dressed up for Halloween. I picked the Ghostface outfit from the Scream films as my costume. Yes, that's yours truly, Dancer aka Dansator in the picture above slicing up a cheerleader. I don't intend to wear the costume again. The mask is made of rubber, and it was so hot underneath that I couldn't wear it for more than five minutes. It was awful. I felt a lot more comfortable attacking my victims without a mask.


I was trying my best to look evil, but somehow I just couldn't do it. I often say, "I'm a dancer, not a fighter". In this case I should replace the word "fighter" with "killer". For someone who watches as many horror films as I do, I'm a remarkably non-violent person. It's one of the themes of "Scream 2" that films turn people into killers. It isn't true. Anyone who says that a film made him a killer is lying; he was a killer all along, just waiting for an excuse to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.