Thursday 12 June 2014

Spring Breakers (1½ Stars)


I never used to understand what this strange American phenomenon, "spring break", is about. Now I get it. Young people go to the beach, they party all day, they take drugs and they shoot a few black guys.

The film's abstract editing, with repetitive dialogue that's out of sync with the picture, shows that the director was interested in creating a piece of art. For me it doesn't work. Most of the film was boring. Parts of it were disgusting. The only part I enjoyed was the bikini-clad girls carrying machine guns.

P. S. If the girls had looked as sexy in the film as they do in the picture above I would have rated it higher. Unfortunately, the "artistic" film editing concealed their beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.