Thursday 22 May 2014

World's End (5 Stars)


Today my friend Gina visited me to watch a film double bill of her choice. The first film we watched was "World's End", probably my favourite film of 2013.

The town where the film is set, Newton Haven, doesn't actually exist. The filming took place in Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire. It's a new town, i.e. a town that was created in a previously unsettled area. Towns of this type are common in the USA and Canada, but they are rare in Europe. Letchworth was first settled in 1905, so all the buildings seen in the film are relatively new. The film is about a pub crawl, so it's ironic that Letchworth didn't have any pubs until 1974.


Usually when I watch a film at home Buster lies on my lap. Today Gina was the V.I.P., so he devoted all his attention to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.