Friday 23 May 2014

The Life of Pi (5 Stars)


This was the second film in today's double bill with Gina. I'm glad that she chose it. It's one of the most beautiful films ever made. Even the opening scenes of the zoo in India are amazingly artistic.

After the film Gina told me that she's surprised I like the film so much, because I'm an atheist. An atheist? Where did she get that idea from? In my opinion atheism is one of the world's most nonsensical philosophies. It is impossible to prove that there is no God. It's a theory that can only be accepted in faith. Those who believe that atheism is somehow scientific are deluding themselves. Not only has science never proved that there is no God, there is also no conceivable way to attempt a proof.

Atheists may retort that those who believe in God also have no proof that He exists, but theists have a stronger foundation. Someone who believes in God may have no proof, but he at least knows how to prove it. A believer in God knows he can speak to God and wait for an answer. An answer would prove God's existence, while no answer would be inconclusive. An atheist has no test he can carry out, so the atheist's position is weaker.

P.S. If you're looking for an actual review of the film click here.

5 comments:

  1. I fully enjoyed this clever and beautiful film. Really deserves the big screen treatment.
    Only quibble was how meerkats came out of it badly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you mean about the meerkats?

      This is the film I've watched more often than any other in recent years. Six times in three years. I'm running out of things to say about it. I intend to watch it again on November 30th. That's how accurately I plan my film viewing!

      Delete
  2. They get eaten by the truck load. But how much is real may bea factor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I see what you mean. I thought you meant that they were represented falsely, compared to the novel.

      Delete

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.