Sunday 31 March 2013

Die Frau, die im Wald verschwand (4 Stars)


I watched this film a year ago and reviewed it here. I don't have much more to say about it, except that it's a film worth watching more than once. I only noticed the frame structure of the film today. Most of the film takes place within the mayor's house, the story being told in flashbacks. At one point there's a flashback within a flashback, and in the inner flashback a story is related, making the narrative a threefold nesting.

The story takes place in the fictional town of Großgelden in Swabia, but when the film started the person watching it with me said, "Stop, I recognize that town, it's Schwäbisch Hall". And since she knows the town well she went on to point out landmarks. It's a beautiful place, and I hope I can visit it one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.