Monday 23 April 2012

A-Team [Guest Writer] (5 Stars)


Four American soldiers who are in Iraq are sent on a mission to recover plates for printing 100 dollar bills that were used to print a billion dollars. After doing the job and returning to the base their commanding officer is killed in an explosion and the plates are stolen by another operative. They would be court martialed and sent to different prisons. 6 months later, the leader, Hannibal Smith is visited by a CIA spook who tells him he knows where the man who took the plates is and wants him and his men to recover it. So he helps him escape and he breaks out the others and they go after the plates. But after doing it, they discover that the spook might not be ok. And a military intelligence officer who was involved with one of them is pursuing them.

I have to admit that I didn't know anything about the original A-Team show - I'm not a fan of Mister T. When I first saw the previews on this movie, I was immediately attracted to the high intensity action scenes and engaging and occasionally funny dialog. If the original shows were anything like this movie, then I will definitely be taking a peek at those shows one of these days when I get the time to have a good long marathon. The actors were really great in this movie and they each held their own with one another. I was already a fan of Liam Neeson and Bradley Cooper so it really helped made the decision to see this movie in theaters that much easier. I was surprised at two relative unknowns - Quinton Jackson and Sharlto Copley held their own as well as they did and was certainly not left in anyone's shadow. They each added something important and essential to the storyline and plot and made it so complete. Overall this is a new favorite for me and at least in my top 15 action films!

1 comment:

  1. I remember seeing the tv series, a few episodes at least, and I hated it. That's why I avoided the film. Five stars, huh? This might be a film worth renting. I'll think it over. Maybe you can persuade me.

    ReplyDelete

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.