Friday 7 October 2011

Megamind [Guest Writer] (4 Stars)



After super-villain Megamind (Ferrell) kills his good-guy nemesis, Metro Man (Pitt), be becomes bored since there is no one left to fight. He creates a new foe, Titan (Hill), who, instead of using his powers for good, sets out to destroy the world, positioning Megamind to save the day for the first time in his life.

I enjoyed this movie even if I don't like Will Farrell as an actor and comedian - he just has never been funny to me. However, he does this role well - whether it's because his voice and humor is more suited to the cartoons or not, I don't know but I liked this movie overall. It was funny, simple and played on the whole cliched "Good guy vs bad guy" and gave it a simple, endearing and playful twist. Was it surprising? Probably not. Did it do something unexpected? I didn't think so. Is it entertaining with a good message that is great for the family and kids? Most definitely. Cute is all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.