Sunday 10 July 2011

Can't Hardly Wait (4 Stars)


Is this film deep and meaningful? Is it shallow? Is it a deep film that only pretends to be shallow? Or is it a shallow film that pretends to be meaningful?

Whatever your opinion is, the film certainly stands out as being unique in its genre. It focuses on one evening in the life of a group of teenagers. School is out. Tomorrow they have to begin to confront the cruel world. Almost all the film takes place in a final party the students have together. The main topic of conversation at the party is the high school beauty Amanda having been dumped by her boyfriend the day before. The school jocks, the nerds, the sensitive kids, they all party together in this amusing film. I've only watched it once, so far, but I have a feeling it's a film that will grow on me. Wait for my next review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.